Saturday, December 02, 2006

PIPE-NOSE-MAE BACK ALREADY!!

Yes that's right, she is back. The demand for her reappearance was so great, so overwhelming, that I had no choice. Offers poured in from companies eager to slap her mug on a mug or a T-Shirt. But I feel it's too early in her "career" to sell out, so I spoke with my good friend and fellow artist TODD DEMONG, who draws the "100 Girls" comic; he himself eager to work with Pipe- Nose-Mae, and we decided on a team up book. The working title right now is "101 Girls, but only one with a pipe nose" We'll see if it sticks. I don't want to give too much away, but the premise is based on the main character of 100 Girls, Sylvia, and Pipe-Nose-Mae involved in a wacky drug-smuggling scheme. Both myself and Mr. Todd Demong are illustrating, as can be seen in the sample panel posted here. In this scenario, Sylvia is not terribly into the choice of music Pipe-Nose-Mae has chosen to put on for their slumber party. Mayhem ensues. It's like the Odd Couple only with girls! And one of them with super powers, the other with a pipe nose! How can it NOT be a hit? Impossible, right? * Let's hope so, my mortgage payments are killing me.
Check out Todd's blog while you are at it: http://todddemong.blogspot.com/


*well OK, all of this is an outright lie. A thinly veiled cry for attention. In fact Todd Demong doesn't even know about this, or the fact that I took his artwork and put Pipe-Nose-Mae in it.

4 comments:

3awashi thani said...

XD , pipe nose mae so rocks! i wonder if she'll have a strange tinny nasaly voice cuz her nose is a pipe

Todd Demong said...

Indeed, pipe-nosy madness is in the works! A guaranteed hit...

-T

Anonymous said...

Adam Gallardo, writer of 100 Girls, here. I love this drawing. And I just want to say that I have a whole team of lawyers waiting to prevent this from going too far...

Keep up the good work!
-adam

Anonymous said...

Maybe Big Nose can have a cameo at the slumber party? You guys have too much work to do. Let me do clean up for you...oh...wait...no...it would probably suck